RE: comments on OMR 1.0 mapping to IPTC Schemas

Hi Felix

The issue I raised is about "what are you mapping". To my understanding from
reading the specs it is a mapping between metadata properties  - which are
grouped by what? By their namespace? Or by an "existing format", and what is
a format - a named specification?

The IPTC as a standardisation organisation would prefer that properties are
considered as intellectual property of their makers. Thus a mapping is
established between the ma: properties and the Dublin Core properties and
not XMP which is only using Dublin Core properties but not having specified
them. Further the mapping between ma:title and dc:title should be applicable
regardless of the format which is used to annotate the Dublin Core Title
property.

To add: I understand what you are aiming at with the API below, but this
would work in exactly the same way if the mapping is named "to Dublic Core"
and not "to XMP". So what I'm pointing at is more a naming and IP issue and
not a technical issue.

Br

Michael