Re: RE : [mawg] RE: [q] MAWG: Definition of subproperties

Tobias,

conceptually, I am considering subproperties in the sense of RDF(S),
i.e. composer (e.g. in the sense of ID3) is a subproperty of ma:contributor.

syntactically, I suggest indeed to attach this information to the return
value, so that users are free to use it or not. So

  md.getValues("contributor")

would return like

  [ { "value": "John Doe", "subproperty": "id3:composer" },
    { "value": "Jane Doe", "subproperty": "id3:lyricist" };
  ]

In a sense, this amounts to use the following SPARQL query (on some
conceptual RDF graph, which may not be the way it is actually
implemented, don't get me wrong!) :

SELECT ?value, ?subprop
WHERE {
  the:media ?subprop ?value .
  ?subprop rdfs:subPropertyOf ma:contributor .
}

I do not envision that the argument of our unique method could/should
accept a subproperty, e.g.

  md.getValues("id3:composer")

because I think this would be make immplementation quite harder (maybe
too RDFish). I would prefer something like

  md.getValuesFilterSubproperty("composer", "id3:composer")

But I'm ready to discuss the alternatives.

  pa