Re: Regrets for tomorrow`s Telecon (19.05.09)

Victor Rodriguez Doncel a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> FRBR proposes "Endeavour" as the term to name either a "Work" or
> "Expression" or "Manifestation" or "Item".
> However, I find much clearer the "Media Entity" term. Which was the
> objection exactly about it?

The main objection, I think, was that "entity" has a precise meaning
according to HTTP [1]. Since HTTP is one the foundations of the Web, I
am uncomfortable to override one of its terms.

Since FRBR people seem to have given the topic some thought, and came up
with an unambiguous term for this notion (which happens to be quite
pretty, I think, if not very common ;), I vote to adopt it.

  pa

[1] http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec1.html#sec1.3