Re: RE : Ontology for Media Entity 1.0 (ISAN)

Dear Jean-Pierre, all

I guess the point you raised is very valid and I share your concerns
about formats to consider.
For me formats in scope should be those that
(a) are used to describe content on the Web today and thus are readily
available to be integrated under one common hood, but also formats that
(b) are used to describe content which is kept in (closed) databases at
the moment but which could be published at some point in time on the Web.

For me it is not a matter of domain-specifity of a format, because one
supposed advantage of our media ontology proposal is the ability to
integrate content coming from multiple domains, even if only few
attributes are shared.

Based on the fact that I do not have much insights into real industrial
practices I cannot say which formats we should take into consideration
based on point (b).

For the broadcasting domain you are most probably one of the few people
who could tell us if a format should be considered relevant. From my
knowledge I think the restriction to TV-Anytime and EBU-Core is valid in
this case.

Best,

Tobias

Dipl.-Inf. Univ. Tobias Bürger