RE: Properties for media fragment?

Dear Felix, David,

In my opinion there are two aspects related to fragments:

1. defining the range of possible values for the different types of fragments
-- for spatial and temporal fragments, this is already defined by frame width/height and duration
-- for track fragments this would require describing the list/type of channels (I mentioned that in my "wish list" for technical metadata)
-- for named fragments this would be the list of labels

This will allow to specify valid fragment identifiers and to use them to request annotations (the returned set might of course be empty).

2. a list of fragments that are interesting, annotated, ...
IMO this is similar to the cue ranges David mentioned, however, using media fragment URI syntax it would essentially be a list of fragment identifiers, independent of the type of fragment.

Best regards,
Werner

ragmentApproaches <http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-frags-> reqs-20090430/#MediaFragmentApproaches>