RE: Comparison of TT and MAWG Metadata Properties

Dear Glenn,

> You might find it interesting
> to review Table K-1 [1] to see the source derivation of the
> ttm:* element vocabulary. As you can see, it is based in part
> on SVG (by direct reuse) and MPEG-7 (by conceptual reuse).

Thanks for this hint. Looking a the table it states that ttm:actor is derived from mpeg7:Creator and ttm:agent from mpeg7:Agent. mpeg7:Agent is quite generic and used in different contexts. If I understand this correctly, ttm:actor[@type='character'] maps to mpeg7:Creator/Character, and  ttm:actor[@type!='character'] maps to mpeg7:Creator/Agent. In addition we know that if an Agent is referenced by a Character, mpeg7:Creator/Role is "actor".

What was the reason for not including an attribute/element for specifying other roles than actor, e.g. director, composer, ... ?

> We
> have previously had comments about the abbreviation of
> ttm:desc. I personally don't have a strong feeling either
> way.

I also do not consider this a major issue, as long as the mapping is clear.

Best regards,
Werner

> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Bailer, Werner
> <werner.bailer@joanneum.at> wrote:
>

> 	Dear all,
>
> 	I have done a review of the metadata elements you
> propose in the DFXP draft to see how this fits together with
> our work in the media annotations group (MAWG). MAWG has
> defined a set of core properties in a recent working draft
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-mediaont-10-20090618/#core-prope
rty-lists). Data types are not yet defined in this draft, this > is currently ongoing work.