From: Raphaël Troncy [mailto:Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl]
Sent: den 30 september 2008 21:08
To: Joakim Söderberg
Cc: public-media-annotation@w3.org
Subject: Re: Introduction

Dear Joakim,

> First accept my apologies for missing the telephone conference; I am not
> familiar with W3C procedures. I expected a notification email that the
> group had started to work, since I reported my interest to participate
> about six months ago.

Yep, is it possible Felix to have WG participants automatically
subscribed to the public mailing list?

[...]

> Some other issues I have came across are item matching (how do you
> identify a work), distinction between description of the work (editorial
> metadata) and its instantiations (manifestations) and cross content
> recommendations.

Do you mean the distinction one can find, for example, in the FRBR model
(Work - Expression - Manifestation - Item) [1], in the VRA model (Work
versus Image) [2], in the CRM model (Information Carrier versus
Information Object) [3], or in the MPEG-7 model (MediaInstance versus
MediaProfile)?

Do you think such distinction should be available in the future Media
Ontology this group will propose? Do you have any use cases where such a
distinction is important for describing videos?

Best regards.

   Raphaël

[1] http://www.frbr.org/
[2] http://www.vraweb.org/