Re: some extra (generic) UC's & some thoughts about XG

erik mannens wrote:

> (more generic) use cases for the media ontology
>
> ===============================
>
> · multimedia search
>
> o classic facetted browsing (cfr. /facet [1])
>
> o software agents matching user preferences with media annotations
> (cfr. [2])
>
> o matching/merging UC of Veronique Malaise in her mail last friday

Some references for this use case are the STITCH project
(http://www.cs.vu.nl/STITCH/) and the Europeana project
(http://www.europeana.eu/)

> · multimedia adaptation
>
> o adapting multimedia streams on shot or scene level, based on its
> media annotations (e.g., remove violent scenes which were indicated in
> the media annotation)
>
> o Region Of Interest selection. Select only a specific region from the
> frame/image, based on its media annotations
>
> · multimedia presentation
>
> o enhanced multimedia players (for example [3] and [4])
>
> · multimedia sharing
>
> o between different users
>
> o between different platforms (e.g., Flickr, Picasa, Webshots, ...)
>
> · tagging (cfr. MMSEM use case [5])
>
> [1] Hildebrand et al.: <a
> href="http://www..springerlink.com/content/d13t53k0022072t5/
> <http://www.springerlink.com/content/d13t53k0022072t5/>">/facet: A
> browser for heterogeneous semantic web repositories</a>.
>
> [2] Park et al. <a
> href="http://www..w3.org/2007/08/video/positions/SAMSUNG.pdf
> <http://www.w3.org/2007/08/video/positions/SAMSUNG.pdf>">Video
> Recommendation Based on User Preference on the Web</a>.
>
> [3] http://www.viddler.com/
>
> [4] http://www.viewzi.com
>
> [5] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/XGR-interoperability/#tagging
>
> Metadata standard description

> From the MMSEM XG we could extract following strandards:
>
> · still images: VRA, Exif, DIG35, PhotoRDF

I was having a look at the IPTC Standard for Photo Metadata, which has a
stong overlap with NewsML, both sharing the controled vocabulary for
(content and controlled) semantic annotation and a set of metadata
features. I will send my document today to the list.