Re: Reminder: XMP review

Dear Victor,

> I wonder whether this text fields could be improved so that they include
> richer information. For example, a RDF version of a CreativeCommons
> license (appart from the CC symbols, there is a RDF version to express
> "Non-Commercial" etc.), or a pattern License in whichever Rights
> Expression Language etc.
>
> Wouldn´t it be nice having a picture and its licensing terms together?

Absolutely! We have already discussed that on the mailing list, see for
example:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Oct/0003.html

Furthermore, we have discussed that issue during the face to face
meeting in Cannes, with the PLING working group (see
http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-mediaann-minutes.html#item05)

So, YES, we should have a placeholder for pointing to machine readable
and human readable licence, but it seems to me that XMP allows already
to do that via the properties "xmpRights:Certificate" and/or
"xmpRights:WebStatement" that both have values a URL that can point to
such a licence.

Best regards.

   Raphaël

--