Re: [new use case suggestion] Use Case - Digital imaging lifecycle

Dear Werner, all,

thanks to all for your comments. I see a certain consensus regarding the
need of a limitation in the complexity of the processing history metadata
(Werner, Pierre-Antoine, Felix and Veronique) and I also agree with you
because the goal of the group is multimedia metadata interoperability, not
modelling. I also see that some of you agree in the need of having at least
the possibility (not the obligation as pointed by Pierre-Antoine) to keep
some information (Werner talks about the contributors, Veronique and Victor
talk about separating idea/work/instance). If you agree, as suggested by
Raphaël, I will add a tentative Use Case in the Wiki with a revised version
of my initial idea in order to help the discussion. Pierre-Antoine suggested
generalizing this issue to any kind of media, but maybe we can keep the use
case as is for the discussion and later, if any new requirement arises,
generalize the requirement.

Working in the use case a funny example came to my mind. Try to find in your
favourite images search engine (e.g. Google Imanges) the image of a tattoo
inspired in a famous painting (without using the name of a specific
painting).

Best regards,

Ruben