Re: Media annotations requirements draft

Felix Sasaki wrote:
> Hi Thierry,
>
> many thanks for spotting this. I agree with you and will make the
> change. One question: which items would you put in the normative
> references section, which into non-normative section? I'm asking since
> the document will probably end up as a non-normative Working Group Note.

I think the publication of the document (Working Group Note or REC is
orthogonal to the normative / informative refs.  the difference between
a Working Group Note or a REC is the *endorsement* of the W3C.

Now which items should you put in the normative vs Informative
references section depends on the level of dependency with the reference.

By default all references should be in the Informative references
section, but references with strong dependency should be moved to
normative references section. This should be a must when a reference is
mentioned within a normative section or paragraph.

In our case, for example "RFC 2119" in  "4. Terminology" section should
be linked to a normative reference.

Thierry.