Re: [Fwd: Re: [Mediann] Ad. "Return Type / String vs Uri" - Issue]

Hi Tobias, all,

two points: first, Jason is just one serialization - as is XML, RDF or
anything else. We had a starting discusssion about "XML vs. RDF" a few
weeks ago, and I'm worried that we get another one - "Jason vs. xyz" or
"Jason version a vs. version b".
As you say below "This approach is valid in RDF ..." - but how about
other formats?

My second point is that this discussion is "top down", that is: we
discuss whether we want a feature or not without looking into the
behavior of existing implementations of metamodels for metadata (using
the terminology from Chris here), and without looking into what existing
formats do.

For implementations, both you and Chris said at the f2f that you only
return one type for each property on the metalevel, and I haven't seen
something different yet. For mappinges: The page
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Format_mapping
is still empty. One approach to continue this discussion which I propose
is to do it "bottom up" by filling the page and describe what existing
formats do about types of properties. We know that Dublin Core allows
for heterogenous types, and XMP does not (each XMP property has just one
type). How about other formats.

Joakim, Daniel: do you think filling this page would be a good way to
(also) work on the "return type" topic?

Felix

Tobias Bürger さんは書きました: