*From:* yhwhan@gmail.com [mailto:yhwhan@gmail.com] *On Behalf Of *Han
*Sent:* martes, 3 de mayo de 2016 4:19
*To:* Peter Krautzberger
*Cc:* Daniel Marques; Moritz Schubotz; public-mathonw.
*Subject:* Re: Collection of examples suggestion

If I'm understanding correctly what Daniel's talking about, there should be
at least 3 MathJax examples, one for each of important output jax:
CommonHTML (which I think is the most useful), HTML-CSS, and SVG, possibly
NativeMML and PreviewHTML as well.

My only concern is whether each example should follow a fixed template or
how they should be sort out.

Suggestion: fixed template, one basic example and one advanced one, like:
http://jsbin.com/mofuqo/edit?html,output

The basic example is the quadratic formula, obviously; I believe it works
well in pretty much every web math renderer, images or HTML. I believe the
advanced example (from here <https://www.w3.org/TR/arabic-math/#Comparison>)
works well in KaTeX, works well with the 3 important MathJax output jax
(CommonHTML, HTML-CSS, SVG), is displayed but looks bad/has minor rendering
bugs with PreviewHTML or with NativeMML in Safari, and doesn't work at all
in MathQuill.

*Peter:* can multiple different MathJax output jax be used on the same
page? Its configuration is uh, very global, and there's no
.noConflict()-like API as far as I can find.

If at all possible I'd love to have all these samples on the same page to
simplify side-by-side comparison, which is straightforward with KaTeX and
MathQuill, unclear on MathJax.

Han

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Peter Krautzberger <
peter.krautzberger@mathjax.org> wrote:

> the source code (html) of the page is as important as the final rendering
and mixing different ways to do math in a single page would make difficult
to understands the example.

Thanks, makes sense.

> Regarding MathJax [...]

I'll get started on some examples for MathJax.

We might want to use an issue to coordinate which tools we know of / would
hope to see (e.g., the various SVG renderers).

Best regards,

Peter.

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 12:43 PM, Daniel Marques <dani@wiris.com> wrote:

Well… the idea is that the source code (html) of the page is as important
as the final rendering and mixing different ways to do math in a single
page would make difficult to understands the example.

Regarding MathJax, I think that two different examples are valid. The first
one is an example with MathML on the page and the <script> tag. The other
one is the output (if I understand well that means the static HTML and
CSS). As another example, there is something like “accessibility support
such as volkers speech rule engine”. I do not know very much about it but
it is worth that somewhere it is explained because it might be of interest
for the CG.

At this stage, I don’t think we are ready to provide a solution but rather
collect the existing know-how of the members. That’s the reason I would
prefer as many ways to do math as possible.

My only concern is whether each example should follow a fixed template or
how they should be sort out.

Dani