Re: Reminder: MathML Semantics meeting, Thursday, 6 August

Thanks for starting that list Sam and Neil!

I would volunteer the following notable names for consideration in our
meeting discussion, as possible extensions. It may help to draw
contrasts to your pragmatic cMML list and quickly reject/accept types
of names, so that we figure out what gives a name the right to "go in"
vs stay out of the level 1 list of meanings:

1. all SI units and imperial units
2. other notable K12 constants from STEM e.g.
 - chemistry: all atoms from the  table of elements, molecule,
Avogadro's number/mole
 - math: geometric constructs (angle, segment, point)
3. notable K12 operators from STEM e.g.
 - chemistry: reaction arrows
 - math: different kinds of intervals (open-closed, closed-open),
geometric relations (parallel to, intersecting), piecewise function
definitions
 - more math: modulo, divisible by
4. notable K12 properties from STEM e.g.
  - chemistry: "positive/negative ions" (usually denoted via
msup-plus, msup-minus over an atom base))
  - physics: the little arrows denoting "force", e.g. \vec{F}

Of course I don't expect us to cover the entire K12 curriculum's
concepts in an initial list, and likely there is a good argument to be
made about a very small core list, and adjacent level 2, level 3 lists
with hundreds and then thousands of concepts that are not normative.
I'm curious to hear how everyone is thinking about conceptually
separating the levels, and about the degree to which the group would
have a burden to maintain these lists going forward. I could also
imagine "blessing" an external resource as a source of provenance for
these names, e.g. "any official meaning literal must have a wikipedia
page/wikidata resource". As a reminder, my main focus is coverage, as
my main application scenario is enriching arXiv, so apologies that I
keep drifting to the topic of maximizing breadth.

Greetings,
Deyan