RE: Markdown Content-Type

I'd say that it would be nice to get MD parsed directly by browsers. It opens up the web to new possibilities of which pages can be very basic. MD is essentially a watered down, very basic version of HTML. Why not emphasise this; it makes basic web development easier for novice users (but doesn't put us all out of a job)? For example, many doc writers write docs in MD. It would be nice if these could be directly parsed, instead of having to be converted to be put on the web. Either as pages in either own right all MD or as a tag in html (i.e. `<md>`) I think it would be nice to let browsers handle the parsing; it also makes it more likely standards will be kept as there are less (main stream) browsers than there would be convertors.

Karl, what are your thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Michael Cullum