Re: extension of markdown files

On 19 November 2012 22:07, Brandon Frohs <bfrohs@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com> wrote:
>> Usually I have seen the current extension used for Markdown files:
>>
>> .md
>> .mdown
>> .markdown
>
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 8:00 PM, Shane McCarron <ahby@aptest.com> wrote:
>> I have seen .mkd as well.
>
> It should be noted .md, .markdown, and .mkd are recognized in Ubuntu
> 12.10 as "Markdown document (text/x-markdown)" (.mdown is *not*
> recognized).

There was another thread just talking about document content. In my
experience, most used extensions (in order of frequency):

.md
.markdown
.mkd

(First time I see .mdown)

Considering afaik, most platforms already understand those three as
"markdown" documents (github, ubuntu for example). Maybe we should
stay with them. Or remove one (3 extensions seems a bit too much).

Regards,
--
Pablo Olmos de Aguilera Corradini - @PaBLoX
http://www.glatelier.org/