Re: Markdown Group - What set of goals?

On 19 November 2012 09:01, Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com> wrote:
> What would be the Markdown group goals?
> [...]
> 2. Publish a technical note with the original markup
>    + a cross section of what has been extended and supported elsewhere.
>       - needs a description of each extensions
>       - needs an interoperability report of these features
>       - decide what is in, what is out.

This is where I think we should work. First the core (John's), see
which are the most common/used extensions for each language, and then
see if some of them can be integrated in the core only if they follow
the guidelines (already stated by John's, but we should discuss them
and write them as a "declaration"; sorry I couldn't come with the
correct word D:)

On 19 November 2012 15:38, Shane McCarron <ahby@aptest.com> wrote:
> I would like to see a generic mapping that would work with (X)HTML - the
> output should be able to work in all of those.

I don't think md output should be polyglot. One of the ideas of
creating this spec it's keeping md as simple as it was. So md ยป html.

Since md was made to write content and not real "markup", it should be
compatible with xhtml and html5. Most md uses common elements from
html 4.01, xhtml and html5 (html now), so I don't think that would be
an issue.

Regards,
--
Pablo Olmos de Aguilera Corradini - @PaBLoX