Re: Countdown to CFP / website launch

Comments on the registration survey:

0) The title we're using on the website is "W3C/OGC Joint Workshop on Maps
for the Web", should use the same wording here.

00) It currently says “Anybody with a W3C account can answer this form”. Is
there a way to support answers without an account? If not, we should add
info about account creation to the CFP.

1) Intro is great. Short & clear.

2) For bio: if we're not going to have explicit fields for name &
affiliation, there should be a statement that these will be taken from the
W3C account (in case someone needs to update that info).

Might also want to add a checkbox for “Can we publish your name,
affiliation, and bio on the workshop website?”
(The CFP currently says that we may do this for people who submit a
talk/session, but it helps to be explicit.)

3) Maybe explicitly ask people to say why they are indicating remote
participation:
“Are you planning to attend in person or remotely? For remote
participation, what factors (e.g., funding, travel restrictions) are
affecting your ability to participate in person?”

4, 5, & 6) In addition to the free-form questions about goals of
participation, it would be helpful to have a set of checkboxes for whether
the registrant is planning to submit a talk proposal, hack session
proposal, or written position statement. (That way, we know who to follow
up with!) There could be a link back to the CFP web page for information
about how to make those submissions.

~ABR