RE: Table of items to consider for supplemental guidance

Hi Andy,

For the supplemental guidance document the why it’s a best practice should be minimal – a few sentences or paragraphs perhaps.  We then could link to research or other sites where there is more details on why this is a best practice.  We want to keep these succinct and then offer more links to resources where people who want to dig deeper can go.

Jonathan

From: Andrew Somers <andy@generaltitles.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2021 7:03 PM
To: Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@levelaccess.com>
Cc: public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org
Subject: Re: Table of items to consider for supplemental guidance

Hi Jonathan, thank you.

Yes I forked the repo... for myself, I’ll be working on my fork of the document as HTML, as I’m pretty comfortable working that way (hand coding HTML since circa 1995, LOL)

Initially I intend to focus on areas relating to contrast/font size/weight as I have abundant material that is already in an encapsulated form that can be further reduced, such as pulling from my early drafts for Silver at https://www.myndex.com/DRAFT/ and materials in the wiki at Visual Contrast Wiki<https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Visual_Contrast_of_Text_Subgroup> and other understanding docs such as the one at Moz<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Accessibility/Understanding_Colors_and_Luminance> I wrote earlier this year.

One question I have is for this document is how much should be “this is a best practice” and how much should be “This is why this is a best practice” and how best to organize the what vs the why.

Thank you,

Andy