RE: Should we drop the color bullet for now?

Wayne, I support you on the ability to change font and color.

Jonathan

From: Wayne Dick [mailto:wayneedick@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 9:05 PM
To: Alastair Campbell
Cc: Jonathan Avila; public-low-vision-a11y-tf
Subject: Re: Should we drop the color bullet for now?

The ability to change color is essential to my use of web pages.

An icon that depends on background color to be visible is using color to convey meaning.
A presentation that depends on a background image to make font visible is using color to convey meaning.
Background images were never created to act as cashes for icons. Using sprites in background images is like using a heading because you like the style of the element.
We are being blocked from accessibility because of an identifiable list of practices that are kludges.
Testability of color substitution is trivial.  Setting save  color choices with a wide domain of choice is trivial.  There is not reason to deny users access to the color of their choice.
If color is taken off the table I will prepare an appeal to the AC. I have enough data to prove my case
Wayne