Re: Is Java Web Start covered by WCAG?

Ah, just found it under “content (Web content)”.

It looks like Java web start is what it says – it starts from the web, but then downloads the application (or enough of it) to run as Java.

The (largely circular) definitions aren’t particularly clear for this, but I don’t think it uses “web pages” as such. It doesn’t render in a user-agent, it downloads the “user-agent” as part of it.

It is an application package, and the accessibility API for that would surely be via Java, not a separate user agent, therefore it does not render webpages?

Secondly, is this something that would aim to conform to WCAG 2.1, or is ‘legacy’ and limited to 2.0?

Cheers,

-Alastair