Re: Special fonts don't matter for font-family change.

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 23:05:36 +0000
To: Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>, GLWAI Guidelines WG org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
I'm not sure I understand,
> "Unassigned character codes  are replaced by a box containing the character code as an integer."

I don't think so, if you look at the right hand side of this screenshot:
https://alastairc.ac/images/examples/adobe-text-override.png (and zoom in on the right side).

I don't think that helps, you the user *can* change the font family of text, that is not in dispute. What matters is whether the content is still usable afterwards.

Cheers,

-Alastair