Re: Resize Content, Size of All Interface and Resize Text.

Hi Wayne, Erich, and all,

I think that authors can control whether or not they put important
information in title attributes that are unreadable when cursors are
enlarged. I have described the known issue [1]. Joanna Briggs from
Simply Accessible wrote an article [2] regarding it.

She states, "When hovering over a link that has a title attribute, the
large mouse pointer covers the start of the title attribute. Longer
title attributes may not fit inside the viewport with higher levels of
magnification...In usability testing, we've even observed a user who
was looking for a link on the screen.  She didn’t know that she
stopped her mouse over a link with a title attribute.  That title
attribute hid the link she was trying to hunt down. How do you avoid
these problems? Just avoid using title attributes."

The HTML5 Recommendation warns [3] against use of the title attribute.
So WCAG 2.1 wouldn't be alone in calling out another title attribute
issue.

Alastair had suggested [4] that we could have a separate SC that
stated: "Metadata in a webpage that is shown on mouse-over does not
include information necessary to understanding the content or
functionality." That may work, *if* we can figure out a way define
"metadata".

Or we could simply call out the issue by incorporating some more text
and images regarding the problem into resize content (size of all
elements) description [5].

Kindest Regards,
Laura

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-low-vision-a11y-tf/2016Mar/0032.html