Re: Combining SCs

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 10:07:52 +0000
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
CC: public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Katie wrote:

> “Even though C restates with a higher requirement, it is still OK, I think, as long as each is testable. Because we can't remove or change 1.4.4 so an entity would fail in 2.1 for that SC if they passes it in 2.0.”

I think if we could show that anything passing this 2.1 SC would also pass the 2.0 SC, I’d like to be able to replace the original. Apparent duplication would make the document harder to understand.

However, we’re a little way off that decision point, we need to go through the process of agreeing the new ones first…

Cheers,

-Alastair