Re: Metadata On Hover SC Text

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 21:25:42 +0000
To: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Hi Laura,

I think “available by any input method” covers “available on focus as well as hover”, we only need the “any” version.

The “not covered or obscured” has disappeared from the wiki, and in the email thread it has switched back again, or I’m going crazy? I thought the problem was the content appearing on hover obscuring other content, in which case it should be:

Informational content which appears on hover that is necessary for understanding must:
* be fully visible;
* not obscure other content;
* be available via any input method.

For the testability section I updated it to match (it is a rather similar to the SC, is that ok?), and I added a possible new technique.

Sounded like a productive meeting in the minutes, I should be there next week ☺

-Alastair