Re: Release of SAGE 1.0: a stable, responsive and unrestricted SPARQL query server

Thanks Kingsley.

I can well understand your concerns about the claims made in the announcement, of course, and why you would want to examine them.
I too was surprised, and am keen to understand them better.

I confess to still being rather confused, although that is not unusual.

One thing I do find strange - you seem to be talking about SPARQL Protocol:
> 1. Apples vs Apples -- are we comparing SPARQL Protocol endpoints or Web
But I saw no claims about SPARQL Protocol in the announcement.
It is about a SPARQL query server.

Is that a significant difference in terms of the discussion, or should I just ignore it?

I still don't understand why you can't just download Sage and run SPARQL queries on it, and compare the performance with Virtuoso doing the same thing - surely that would enable you to test their claim?
I guess I am missing something, but maybe you or someone else can help me.

Best
Hugh

023 8061 5652