Re: Release of SAGE 1.0: a stable, responsive and unrestricted SPARQL query server

On 9/8/18 7:08 PM, Hugh Glaser wrote:
> Hi.
> Not really my business (:-) - but that has never stopped me!), but I really don't understand the request for a live endpoint.
> If I want to evaluate different implementations of a software system, what I do is download or implement on my own server, and then run them (multiple times) over the same datasets on the same hardware configuration etc, so that I am comparing the same things while controlling as many variables as possible.
> Running stuff on other peoples' servers, with no reliable knowledge of the hardware or possibly even the datasets, seems of no value in terms of relative performance.
> So why are you asking for a SPARQL endpoint?
> Best
> Hugh

Hi Hugh,

This is about proving or disproving a claim along the following lines:

1. Apples vs Apples -- are we comparing SPARQL Protocol endpoints or Web
Pages pegged to specific datasets running canned queries?

2. Conceptual understanding -- the concepts behind our "Anytime Query"
feature are only demonstrable using a live endpoint, in this context
i.e., the revealing claim about complete or incomplete solutions

As I think you know, I am not going to accept questionable claims made
in public forums about our products.

If I made these audacious claims be rest assured I would have a live
instance for objective verification. I wouldn't be directing folks to a
paper.

Thanks.

Kingsley