Re: Examples of applications built on LOD

On 11/1/18 3:37 PM, Matt Wallis wrote:
> I was challenged today to provide examples of applications that have
> been built on LOD. What I'm looking for especially is examples that
> might be recognized by 'the average man/woman in the street'. For
> example, the BBC's use of their Dynamic Semantic Publishing
> architecture for the Olympic Games. I'm also interested in examples
> that are important to progress (e.g. scientific progress), but which
> may not be known to those people (in the street).
>
> Can you help?

Hi Matt,

This is a great question, especially bearing in mind the confusion that
still persists circa., 2018.

As Juan and a few others have indicated, it would be beneficial to
further clarify your quest so that responses address the following:

[1] Your question -- with precision

[2] Broader clarity for the forum at large.

Here's a suggestion, regarding question framing:

1. Are there examples of public applications and services based on
Linked Data (specifically as defined by the Linked Data principles
guidelines from TimBL) ?

2. Are there examples of public applications and services based on the
Linked Open Data Cloud?

Linked Data:

Structured Data representation that leverages HTTP URIs for entity
denotation and RDF sentences for entity description (i.e. connotation).
Note, the aforementioned HTTP URIs are expected to resolve.

LOD Cloud:

Massive collective comprising Linked Data (published in line with Linked
Data principles) by an ever increasing number of data publishers (agents
[bots and/or people], companies, institutions etc.).

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Home Page: http://www.openlinksw.com
Community Support: https://community.openlinksw.com