Re: grlc turns your Linked Data queries into Linked Data APIs

Hi Albert,

Nice work! With The DataTank [1] we also released a similar feature back
in 2012 that takes SPARQL templates at its input, and describes its
output using DCAT-AP, the right HTTP headers for e.g., caching, and
supports content negotiation. Next to also BASIL, also LimeDS [2]
provides similar functionality, as a data adapter connecting various
interfaces using a visual interface.

I like these kinds of frameworks as they bridge the gap between
publishing data as interoperable as possible – for maximum reuse – and
front-end developers that want an app on top of a number of triples.
They form an abstraction layer which can be used by front-end developers
to quickly create a UI on top of data without having the take into
account an open world assumption. Such frameworks are great tools for
digital signage providers [3] and similar type of reuse that needs
simple views, to take away some of the processing from a low-end device.

To that extent, I would find it interesting if in the same way we could
create an abstraction framework for more complex user agents. E.g., user
agents that combine different data sources by crawling Linked Data using
LDQL [4], the Linked Data Fragments client [5] or for the Linked
Connections client for public transit route planning[6]. While when the
caches of these type of user agents are cold, an end-user might have to
wait some time for an answer, when the caches are hot – not unthinkable
when all your end-users are asking very similar questions – results are
probably going to be very fast.

Kind regards,

Pieter

[1] https://github.com/tdt/core

[2] http://limeds.be/

[3] Back in 2012, I introduced The DataTank at this company and it did
this trick well: https://flatturtle.com

[4] http://olafhartig.de/files/HartigPerezLDQL_JWSPreprint.pdf

[5] http://client.linkeddatafragments.org/

[6] http://linkedconnections.org