Re: Profiles in Linked Data

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Svensson, Lars <L.Svensson@dnb.de> wrote:
> Mark,
>
>> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 7:05 AM, Martynas Jusevičius
>> <martynas@graphity.org> wrote:
>> > On the other hand, it seems like you want different descriptions of a
>> > resource -- so it seems to me that these should in fact be different
>> > resources? That could be split into
>> > http://example.org/some/resource/dcat and
>> > http://example.org/some/resource/premis, for example.
>>
>> ^ This.
>
> Can you please elaborate a bit on this? I'm not quite sure I get your point.

Only that IME, having separate URIs is almost always the best option
because it allows problems to be solved within the linked data model
itself.

To your mobile-optimized page example, I'd add that from a REST POV,
that is a separate resource because representations are consistently
different (aka they have different membership functions).