Re: Looking for pedagogically useful data sets

On 3/13/15 11:39 AM, Michael Brunnbauer wrote:
> Hello Kingsley,
>
> yes, ACID and traditional RDBMS are for loosers. Think Big instead!
>
> Big data
> Big exploitation
> Big complexity
> Big technical debt
>
> Interest is payable to OpenLink Software.
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael Brunnbauer

Michael,

I hope you are not assuming that I meant: ACID and tradition RDBMS are
for losers?

My fundamental point is simply about the fact that RDBMS doesn't mean
SQL RDBMS. Thus, ACID has nothing to do with being Relational, in
regards to Database document construction and/or management. It has
everything to do with the Atomicity, Concurrency, Isolation, and
Durability of operations on databases performed by RDBMS applications.

A traditional RDBMS != SQL RDBMS either. That has never ever been the case.

Kingsley