Re: Survey on Faceted Browsers for RDF data ?

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 15:08:10 -0400
To: public-lod@w3.org
On 4/27/15 9:02 AM, Christian Morbidoni wrote:
> Honestly I got a bit stuck asking myself "What exactly am I looking
> for"? In other words: what is exactly a faceted browser for RDF data?
Great point!

All:

What is "Faceted Browsing" ?

What are the distinguishing characteristics (features, properties,
attributes) of a Class of Thing referred to literally as a "Faceted
Browser" ?

If we cannot build a useful discussion thread based on this, what are we
saying to both ourselves and the rest of the world re., the usefulness
of the following:

[1] RDF Language

[2] Linked Open Data constructed using RDF Language.

It's the year 2015, we can (and MUST) do better.

Let's get some responses going, in the form of attributes and associated
comments describing said attributes literally, at the very least.

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com