Re: How to model valid time of resource properties?

On 10/17/14 2:00 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> [...]
> fiction, so to speak.
>
> A marriage certificate is a document comprised of claims that reflect
> a reality comprised of temporal relations -- just like any other
> document that describes events e.g., ISWC 2014.
>
> Here's the kind of document to which my thoughts apply, in regards to
> this matter. For instance, I've made a claim about when this event
> starts and ends, and claimed that some entity (referred to as
> <#ISWC2014Organization>) has endorsed the statements in question etc.:
>
> ## Nanotation Start ##
>
> <> a <http://rdfs.org/sioc/ns#Post> ;
> <http://purl.org/dc/terms/created>
> "2014-10-17T13:10+05:00"^^xsd:dateTime;
> <https://twitter.com/hashtag/features#this> [ a Person;
> foaf:mbox <mailto:phayes@ihmc.us> ],
> <http://kingsley.idehen.net/dataspace/person#this> ;
> <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/primaryTopic>
> <https://twitter.com/hashtage/Reification>;
> <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/topic> <#ISWC2014>, <#StartStatement> .
>
> <‪#‎ISWC2014‬>
> a <http://purl.org/NET/c4dm/event.owl#Event> ;
> <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#label> "ISWC2014" ;
> <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#altLabel> "International Semantic
> Web Conference 2014";
> <http://www.ontologydesignpatterns.org/cp/owl/timeinterval.owl#beginsAtDateTime>
> "2014-10-19T08:00-01:00"^^xsd:dateTime;
> <http://www.ontologydesignpatterns.org/cp/owl/timeinterval.owl#endsAtDateTime>
> "2014-10-23T17:00-01:00"^^xsd:dateTime;
> <http://www.w3.org/2007/05/powder-s#describedby> <>.
>
> <#ISWC2014EventStartStatement>
> a <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#Statement> ;
> <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#label>
> "ISWC2014EventStartStatement" ;
> <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#prefLabel> "ISWC2014 Event Start
> Statement" ;
> <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#subject> <‪#‎ISWC2014‬>;
> <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#predicate>
> <http://www.ontologydesignpatterns.org/cp/owl/timeinterval.owl#beginsAtDateTime>
> ;
> <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#object>
> "2014-10-19T08:00-01:00"^^xsd:dateTime ;
> <http://www.w3.org/2007/05/powder-s#describedby> <>.
>
> <#ISWC2014StatementEndorsementExample>
> <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#label>
> "ISWC2014StatementEndorsementExample" ;
> <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#prefLabel> "ISWC 2014 Statement
> Endorsement Example" ;
> a <http://www.openlinksw.com/schemas/reification#Endorsement> ;
> <http://www.openlinksw.com/schemas/reification#endorser>
> <#ISWC2014Organization> ;
> <http://www.w3.org/2007/05/powder-s#describedby> <>.
>
> <https://twitter.com/hashtag/features#this>
> rdfs:isDefinedBy <http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/c/8CAOF4> .
>
> ## Nanotation End ##
>
> To conclude, if my view point remain unclear (I believe I understand
> your concerns), then a tweak of what's represented above will be
> mutually beneficial, at the very least :)

Correction to the example above, especially we are trying to work
through an example:

## Nanotation Start ##
## Added missing statement that states
##

<http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/mbox> <mailto:phayes@ihmc.us>
<http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/name> "Pay Hayes"],

<http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#label> "ISWC2014EventStartStatement" ;

<http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#isDefinedBy>
<http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/c/8CAOF4> .

## Nanotation End ##

Links:

[1] http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/c/8FWUGK -- old version
[2] http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/c/9BBPGMPD -- page that revealed
missing statement (i.e., missing relation that indicates what's being
endorsed).

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com