Re: Updated LOD Cloud Diagram - Missed data sources.

Hi,

> But I wonder where so many other sites (including mine) went ?

The problem with crawling the Web of Linked Data is really that it is hard to get the datasets on the edges that set RDF links to other sources but are not the target of links from well-connected sources.

We tried to work around this by using a rather large list of seed URIs, but it is still very likely that our crawler missed a lot of interesting data sources.
Also our crawler only crawled samples of each source, so if some other source does set links pointing at your sources, we might still have missed them because we did not crawl all URIs from this source (the upcoming KIT BTC-2014 crawl might improve this).

These problems are also the reason why we ask people on the list to point us at additional data sources, so that we upcoming cloud diagram can be as comprehensive as possible and it would be great if you could also point us at your sites.

Cheers,

Chris