Re: Updated LOD Cloud Diagram - Please enter your linked datasets into the datahub.io catalog for inclusion.

Max, Heiko, and Chris, thank you for this very valuable work & research that you do.  Thousands (arguably millions) benefit from your high quality work.  It is very much appreciated.

I think the existence of LOD Cloud, how datasets are added, the analysis and your peer reviewed work should be included in a talk at SemTech 2014 in San Jose - the 10th anniversary of this conference. [1]  This event has brought together thousands of sem tech advocates, pioneers & practioners.

FWIW, a number of us on this list are attending/speaking and exhibiting -- perhaps we can assist to make this happen?  What do you think?  I'm happy to help.  Alternatively, please consider at least doing an interview with staff at semanticweb.com which has a wide audience.

IMO, there is a lot of interest in the macro trends of publishing & consuming LOD.  Your work would help to counter the frustrating comments I still hear from people who learned about the semantic web 8 years ago but haven't kept up.

Normally I wouldn't care about someone ill-informed saying, 'the semantic web has gone no where -- after a decade, no one is using it ...'

However, I recently heard those words uttered by someone who worked at a major search firm (formerly), has a prestigious title at a public policy think tank and was sitting at a breakout session with CTO's from US Census & the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) at the White House!  Surely the world benefits if data rich authorities know about why being part of the LOD Cloud is a good thing.

Note: This speaker's comments were dismissed by the CIOs & an exec from PricewaterhouseCoopers (go figure!) but nonetheless Linked Data PR needs some improving & your paper & supporting graphs are a valuable contribution.

Again, thank you & I hope you'll consider providing some input (slides, whatever) to a talk at Semtech '14 to advance the cause.

Cheers,

Bernadette Hyland
CEO, 3 Round Stones, Inc.

http://about.me/bernadettehyland