How to Find Ontologies and Data for Reuse

From: Arvind Padmanabhan <arvindpdmn@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 10:54:00 +0530
To: public-lod@w3.org
Hi Folks,

I wish to create a web application specific to the domain of Indian
Classical Music. I know the LOD project has lots of publicly available
data. Two questions:

1. How do I find ontologies that I can reuse for my application? A general
ontology on music will be useful but beyond that someone might have already
defined a more specific ontology for my domain. How do I find that?

2. There might already be lots of data instances in this domain. How do I
find them? This will help me determine areas where data is missing so that
I can focus on filling those gaps.

In the spirit of reuse, is there a tool I can use to find applicable
sources? I am starting of with Indian Classical Music but in future I will
extend this work to all data pertaining to India.

Thanks,
Arvind