Re: Visualizing Linked Data - did we miss anything?

On 3/28/13 3:05 PM, Bernadette Hyland wrote:
> Hi Maria,
> Happy to see you're compiling a survey of topics & tools.  May I
> suggest adding a category called "Linked Data Frameworks" (a peer to
> Linked Data Browsers).
>
> For example, in the Linked Data Frameworks category it may include:
> Callimachus Open Source, OpenLink Software's Virtuoso Open-Source
> Edition and TopBraid Composer, and others. Note, I don't think these
> products are direct competitors, rather a class of enterprise products
> that build on Linked Data.  I'll leave it to the respective companies
> to describe their products.
>
> I'm involved with the Callimachus Open Source Project.  Callimachus
> allows Web developers to build applications on Linked Data from your
> Web browser. [1]   The Callimachus Project is being used for Linked
> Data projects within federal government, healthcare, pharma,
> publishing and research.[2]   Visualizations supported by Callimachus
> include Google Chart Tools, D3.js visualizations, JQuery plug-ins such
> as DataTables and others.
>
> Thanks for your consideration of adding a possible new category & this
> OS project.  We look forward to seeing the final survey if you publish
> it to the list!

Yes, re the above!

Links relating to our products:

1. http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com -- RDF DBMS and Linked Data Deployment
platform (amongst many others things)
2. http://ode.openlinksw.com -- Browser extensions, Bookmarklets, and
URL patterns for Linked Data generation from a plethora of RDF and non
RDF data sources
3. http://linkeddata.uriburner.com -- a Linked Data generation and
transformation service (ODE is loosely coupled to this instance, but you
can also point ODE to other services).

Maria:

Wondering if you would consider making a turtle document for your
compilation?

Kinglsey

> [...]
>> <http://www.euclid-project.eu/modules/chapter1>], and on querying
>> Linked Data [2
>> <http://www.slideshare.net/EUCLIDproject/querying-linked-data>].
>> Currently we are working on covering visualization. If you are a
>> developer or a user of methods or tools, which are relevant and we
>> have missed, please let us know (direct reply to the email or
>> euclid-project@sti2.org and on Twitter
>> https://twitter.com/euclid_project).
>>
>> All training materials produced by EUCLID are freely available [3
>> <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/>] (Attribution) and can
>> be reused for trainings and educational activities.
>>
>>   *  Linked Data Visualization
>>       o Visualisation Techniques
>>           + Visualizing the Linked Data Cloud
>>           + Requirement for Visualisation Tools
>>           + Visualizing Different Data Dimensions
>>       o Existing Linked Data Visualisations
>>           + Simple bar and pie charts, histograms, line and scatterplots
>>           + Node-link tree and graph visualisations, in both 2D and 3D
>>           + Matrices, parallel co-ordinates
>>           + Timeline and topology plots, map and landscape views
>>           + Space-filling visualisations such as tree maps, rose
>>             diagrams, icicle, bubble and sunburst plots
>>           + Iconography, including star and glyph plots
>>           + Text-based
>>       o Linked Data Browsers
>>           + sig.ma <http://sig.ma/>, sindice, OpenLink RDF Browser,
>>             Marbles, Disco - Disco Hyperdata Browser, Piggy Bank,
>>             part of SIMILE, Zitgist DataViewer, iLOD, URI Burner
>>       o Browsers with Visualisation Options
>>           + Tabulator, IsaViz, OpenLink Data Explorer, RDF Gravity,
>>             RelFinder, DBpedia Mobile, LESS http://less.aksw.org
>>             <http://less.aksw.org/>
>>           + Further: SIMILE Exhibit, Haystack, FoaF Explorer,
>>             Humboldt, LENA, Noadster, mSpace, Revyv, RKBExplorer,
>>             Semanlink
>>       o Visualisation toolkits
>>           + Information Workbench Linked Open Data, Graves
>>       o SPARQL Visualisation
>>

>> Thank you for your feedback!
>>
>> Visit out website for further resources: http://www.euclid-project.eu
>> <http://www.euclid-project.eu/>
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/euclid_project
>> Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/euclidproject
>> Slideshare: https://www.slideshare.net/euclidproject
>> LinkedIn:
>> http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Education-Training-on-Semantic-Technologies-4917016
>>
>> [1] http://www.euclid-project.eu/modules/chapter1
>> [2] http://www.slideshare.net/EUCLIDproject/querying-linked-data,
>> https://vimeo.com/61618438, https://vimeo.com/61618437
>> [3] Attribution 3.0 Unprotected
>> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
>>
>> --
>> Maria Maleshkova
>> Senior Researcher
>> Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
>> Phone: +49 721 608 45778
>> Email: maria.maleshkova@kit.edu <mailto:maria.maleshkova@kit.edu>
>>
>> KIT ­ University of the State of Baden-Württemberg and National
>> Large-scale Research Center of the Helmholtz Association

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen