Re: Licensing advice

Dear Roberto, all

Well, I have not heard about any case in a trial court about this and
the legal texts seem somewhat ambiguous. Also, I have not heard other
qualified opinions on this particular regard. So, this can be matter for
a friendly discussion.

But I still lean towards *not* considering a mapping (for example the
R2RML below) as a computer program.
The mapping is /declarative/, not /imperative/. They are not
/instructions/, as required in the legal text.

*Think of HTML pages*. I dont think they are regarded as software.
People don't license them with a BSD license. They use CreativeCommons
licenses, intended for general works. You /declare /a table, a computer
program will process it. (Yet, a Javascript piece would be made up of
/instructions/).

I hope I clarified my point.
Víctor

@prefix rr: <http://www.w3.org/ns/r2rml#>.