Re: Content negotiation negotiation

On 4/23/13 3:39 PM, Hugh Glaser wrote:
> Ah of course - thanks Mark, silly me.
> So I look at the Link: header for something like
> curl -L -i http://dbpedia.org/resource/Luton
> Which gives me the information I want.
>
> Anyone got any offers for how I would use Linked Data to get this into my RDF store?

Assuming I understand your question, the answer would depend on the
capabilities of your RDF store. If it can injest RDF resource URLs you
can request the formats exposed on the "Link:" responses.  If it handles
SPARQL 1.1 INSERT and/or LOAD just use SPARQL.

> So then I can do things something like:
> SELECT ?type ?source FROM { <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Luton> ?foo ?file . ?file ?type ?source . }
> (I think).
>
> I suppose it would need to actually be returned from a URI at the site - I can't get a header as URI resolution - right?
> And I would need an ontology?

Links:

1. http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-update/#load
2. http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-sparql11-update-20100126/#t413

Kingsley

> Cheers.
>
> On 23 Apr 2013, at 19:49, Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
>   wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
>>> On 22 Apr 2013, at 12:18, Phillip Lord <phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk> wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>> Ah, and interesting question.
>>> I don't know of any, but maybe someone else does?
>> Client-side conneg, look for Link rel=alternate headers in response
>>
>> Server-side conneg, look for "Vary: Content-Type" in response
>>
>> Mark.

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com