Re: Content negotiation negotiation

On 4/23/13 2:49 PM, Mark Baker wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
>> On 22 Apr 2013, at 12:18, Phillip Lord <phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk> wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> We need to check for content negotiation; I'm not clear, though, how we
>>> are supposed to know what forms of content are available. Is there
>>> anyway we can tell from your website that content negotiation is
>>> possible?
>> Ah, and interesting question.
>> I don't know of any, but maybe someone else does?
> Client-side conneg, look for Link rel=alternate headers in response

What about <link/> relations in head re. (X)HTML resources for
situations where you aren't in a position to control the HTTP server?
Basically, a middle line re. content negotiation in that an (X)HTML
client can deduce the format options available.

Kingsley

> Server-side conneg, look for "Vary: Content-Type" in response
>
> Mark.

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com