Re: Content negotiation negotiation

Ah, thanks for the Web101 course. :-)
Sorry, I usually live in a Linked Data world, so I don't think about html stuff such as
<link rel="alternate" …
because (like the header) it doesn't appear in the RDF.

On 23 Apr 2013, at 20:54, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
 wrote:

> On 4/23/13 3:39 PM, Hugh Glaser wrote:
>> Ah of course - thanks Mark, silly me.
>> So I look at the Link: header for something like
>> curl -L -i http://dbpedia.org/resource/Luton
>> Which gives me the information I want.
>>
>> Anyone got any offers for how I would use Linked Data to get this into my RDF store?
>
> Assuming I understand your question, the answer would depend on the capabilities of your RDF store. If it can injest RDF resource URLs you can request the formats exposed on the "Link:" responses.  If it handles SPARQL 1.1 INSERT and/or LOAD just use SPARQL.
I don't think I can use the SPARQL INSERT, etc, because it isn't RDF.
Is the <link rel="alternate" available anywhere as RDF?
It could be returned with the RDF for http://dbpedia.org/resource/Luton
Better still, it could be available in the voiD description (so that it is site-oriented, not resource-oriented)?
Or somewhere else?
Cheers