Re: Fwd: Publishing Wordpress contents as linked data

Am 22.04.2013 13:18, schrieb Phillip Lord:

> Interesting. I've been meaning to get Wordpress content negotiating for
> a long time, so I shall take a look at this to see how you have done it.

I hook into the 'wp' action to do stuff, before anything is rendered:
https://github.com/angelo-v/wp-linked-data/blob/master/src/wp-linked-data.php#L36

The RequestInterceptor then does the CN and responses with RDF if
negotiated, otherwise it lets wordpress do it's normal work:
https://github.com/angelo-v/wp-linked-data/blob/master/src/request/RequestInterceptor.php#L35

> You might also be interested in a couple of tools that we have written.
> Kblog-metadata also adds metadata in a variety of formats to wordpress,
> with support for per post authors, container titles (and dates although
> this is not released yet).
>
> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/kblog-metadata/

Thanks, will take a look at it

[...]
> We weren't able to scrap that much from your page, incidentally.
>
> http://greycite.knowledgeblog.org/?uri=http://datenwissen.de/2013/04/wordpress-bloginhalte-als-linked-data/
>
> We need to check for content negotiation; I'm not clear, though, how we
> are supposed to know what forms of content are available. Is there
> anyway we can tell from your website that content negotiation is
> possible?

Content negotiation is always done between the client and the server.
The question is, what's in your accept header? If you prefer html you
will get html. If you want other types, like 'application/rdf+xml' ask
for it, and you might get it.

I don't know, if there is a way to ask the server "hey, before I request
something, what content types do you support for the ressource
http://...?" Perhaps anyone else here can answer this? May it also be
possible that I add some meta tag to the HTML to inform about other
representations?

Best regards,
Angelo