Re: Introducing the Knowledge Graph: things, not strings

On 16/05/2012 23:55, Bernard Vatant wrote:

> Kingsley says they have Freebase, yes but Freebase stores only 22
> million entities according to their own stats, which makes less than
> 5% of the overall figure, since Google claims 500 million nodes in the
> Knowledge Graph, and growing.  So I guess they have also DBpedia and
> VIAF and Geonames and you name it ... whatever open and structured
> they can put their hands on. Linked data stuff whatever the format.

Hmmm, don't forget this claim from the same SVP earlier (thanks to Dan
Brickley for pointing it out privately when the new story hit... via the
Daily Mail!... a few days ago):

"In 2010, we acquired Freebase, an open-source knowledge graph, and in
the time since we've grown it from 12 million interconnected entities
and attributes to over 200 million."
https://plus.google.com/115744399689614835150/posts/3vLRVL7C4QS

I'm not so sure that the Knowledge Graph (tm) (keep out) (trespassers
will be prosecuted) is so different from Freebase (yes, plus Geonames, etc.)

Barry