Re: Introducing the Knowledge Graph: things, not strings

Adrian

Don't dream of accessing the Google Knowledge Graph and query it through a
SPARQL endpoint as you do for DBpedia. As every Google critical
technological infrastructure, I'm afraid it will be well hidden under the
hood, and accessible only through the search interface. If they ever expose
the Graph objects through an API as they do for Gmaps, now THAT would be
really great news.

Kingsley says they have Freebase, yes but Freebase stores only 22 million
entities according to their own stats, which makes less than 5% of the
overall figure, since Google claims 500 million nodes in the Knowledge
Graph, and growing.  So I guess they have also DBpedia and VIAF and
Geonames and you name it ... whatever open and structured they can put
their hands on. Linked data stuff whatever the format.

Bernard

--
*Bernard Vatant
*

*Mondeca**          **                   *
3 cité Nollez 75018 Paris, France
www.mondeca.com
Follow us on Twitter : @mondecanews <http://twitter.com/#%21/mondecanews>