Re: Reuse

Sorry to keep being negative (about the "light" semantics side of things
here), but it's /not /a competition.

If you want Facebook integration, you have to use the og: properties.

If you want Twitter integration, you have to use the twitter: properties
(as well).

(Presumably) if you want the search engine integration, you have to use
the schema: properties (on top of that).

No one's going to say: Google has the largest user base therefore we're
going to just use schema.org; Web content creators want /all /the
integrations.

On the vendor side, if one were going to win you might hope (putting
RDF/Linked Data aside, and despite not being invited to the party) that
Twitter would have adopted schema.org (the Red Book among Denny's
analogies). But they haven't.

I'm surprised by the answers saying "we know how to do that". Yes, we
know how to do that; we often reuse and we can employ reasoning when we
don't.

Out there, though, in the real world they seem a good year or two away
from realising that we were right.

Barry