Re: create HTML based on RDF?

Hi Frans,

<snip/>

On 6 May 2011, at 12:02, Frans Knibbe wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am continuing my efforts with publishing Linked Data. I am trying to that step by step. I have now managed to publish data in static RDF files. Also, I have managed to configure my web server to do 303 redirection, returning either a HTML file or the RDF file, depending on the client request. I understand that it is good practice to offer a HTML representation of the data if the client is unable to handle RDF.

Sure, you can use a tool like rapper (from libraptor [1] ) to convert any RDF into generic HTML, but using a tool which generates generic HTML from generic RDF it will probably not look very pretty - as it is a hard task. libraptor will output an HTML table, with 3 columns, representing the Subject Predicate and Object.

In short you will probably have to write code which queries your RDF, and writes out HTML. I do this on my personal homepage [2] which is generated from an RDF file [3] describing me. Ping me off-list if you want me to share some PHP code (albeit dirty) which I use to do this, it is all pretty simple :)

Mischa

[1] http://librdf.org/raptor/
[2] http://mmt.me.uk/
[3] http://mmt.me.uk/foaf.rdf