Re: Schema.org in RDF ...

From: William Waites <ww@styx.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 14:40:26 +0200
To: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Cc: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
* [2011-06-07 09:22:01 +0100] Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org> écrit:

] >Something I don't understand. If I read well all savvy discussions
] >so far, publishers behind http://schema.org URIs are unlikely to
] >ever provide any RDF description,
]
] What makes you so sure about that not one day in the (near?) future
] the Schema.org URIs will serve RDF or JSON, FWIW, additionally to
] HTML? ;)

I suspect the prevailing view within Google is that autoneg is not
used in the real world. For example,

     https://groups.google.com/group/golang-nuts/msg/b882b153a3acd58e

(Brad was the creator of LiveJournal, now at Google, and I don't
think his view expressed there is uncommon).

So perhaps not the *near* future. Some other arrangement that does
not use the Accept header (and that seems to mean different URIs
then) is probably more likely, but this is just a guess.

Cheers,
-w
--
William Waites                <mailto:ww@styx.org>