Re: Linked Data, Blank Nodes and Graph Names

On 8 Apr 2011, at 08:11, Michael Brunnbauer wrote:
> I would prefer a way of skolemizing that does not depend on the graph name
> and can be done by producer *and* consumer of RDF on a voluntary base.
> It should be a standard with reference implementations in all important
> languages for:
>
> -generating a skolem URI
> -converting an unskolemized RDF serialization to a skolemized one
> -converting a skolemized RDF serialization to an unskolemized one
>
> It is important that skolem URIs would be recognizeable.

I tend to think that the best we can do w.r.t. blank nodes is exactly what you describe above, plus some guidance in the core RDF specs along the lines of [1] and [2].

On skolemization, Sandro started a document here [3] which perhaps could be shaped into some sort of draft.

Best,
Richard

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2011Mar/0068.html
[2] http://richard.cyganiak.de/blog/2011/03/blank-nodes-considered-harmful/