Re: Possible Idea For a Sem Web Based Game?

Hi,

On 20 November 2010 17:28, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was thinking about creating a simple game based on semantic web
> technologies and linked data.
>
> Some on this list may be too young to remember this, but there used to
> be game books where you would choose your own adventure.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choose_Your_Own_Adventure

Yes, I've thought this would make a really nice showcase too.

Liam Quinn built a nice little demo [1] of something like this. I was
also looking at the Inform interactive fiction engine [1] (again!)
recently. The basic engine is basically a set of core rules about a
game world operates. The core rules can be extended and ability for
user to interact with the world can be inferred from those rules. E.g.
whether you can climb onto or inside something. Struck me that it'd be
possible to (re-)build a lot of that using RDF, OWL, RIF.

Cheers,

L.

[1]. http://dirk.holoweb.net/~liam/rdfg/rdfg.cgi
[2]. http://www.inform-fiction.org/