Re: Status codes / IR vs. NIR -- 303 vs. 200

From: Lars Heuer <heuer@semagia.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 23:37:57 +0100
To: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
CC: public-lod@w3.org <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi Nathan,

[...]
> Maybe there isn't a problem to be solved when you use fragments - the
> only reason anybody is even discussing any of this is because people
> introduced a problem by not using fragments to identify things other
> than descriptions.

So, <http://www.amazon.com/Lennon-Legend-John/dp/B0000DGDNC/> is a web
page and it could never become an indicator for the subject "A CD of
John Lennon" (ignoring the fact that John Lennon died a few years
ago)?

Use case:
  * I know that Amazon delivers some kind of canonical IRIs
  * I want to make a statement about amazon:B0000DGDNC
  * The CD is a NIR

How would I do that?

I could introduce an IRI
<http://an.example.org/my#John_Lennon_Collection>, but who would use
that IRI? Amazon is the focal point. I want to use the focal point.
How?

Best regards,
Lars
--